[theforum] evolters outline

Seb Potter seb at poked.org
Wed Aug 13 18:21:01 CDT 2003

Martin said:

>>> 4) Photo gallery - upload pics by FTP and it's all done including
>>> thumbnails and next/previous
>>
>> -1 -- bandwidth++
>
> fwiw, all the rackshack boxes now include 700GB/month. Think we'll need
> more?

Nope. I run a couple of image-based sites that get an order of magnitude
more traffic than weo, and we've never hit more than a few hundred gigs a
month.

Even beo doesn't do anything close to that, and that's counting
slashdotting and rsync snafus.

I can't see evolters.org being that big, and if it does get that big, it
should (at least) be covering its own costs. ($99/month)

- seb

--
http://poked.org