[theforum] evolters outline

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 15:56:43 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 06:55  pm, Sabrina Dent, Apperception
wrote:

> In any case, I was not totally sold on the idea of evolters.org until
> the ideas were more defined, but now I'm very hot to trot on this one.
> I'm not so fussed about the gallery idea, tbh, but as a possible
> work-around to address the slashdot concerns, the "evolt content only"
> idea of elfur's, martin's point about loadsabandwidth, and tara's ++++
> desire for galleries, what about one group gallery?

Start with that and see, I think.

> If we *are* going to do galleries of any nature, I hereby beg for image
> uploading in the CMS. If "easy to use" is the watchphrase of this
> endeavour, image uploading vs. FTP is the way to go IMHO.

Ideally, it'd be either way - one at a time via CMS, or batch via FTP.
I just know that if I were doing something like a gallery for euvolt,
it would have been a *major* pain in the 'nads to do it one at a time.

Now playing on iTunes: "The Greatest Cockney Ripoff" by Cockney Rejects
from 'Rude Boy Revival' - a hit from way back in 1980