[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Sat Aug 16 20:29:22 CDT 2003

> Could you please claify for me how you see sponsored ads
> working, then,
> in terms of sponsorship vs. text ads? Is it a list of "evolt.org is
> sponsored by the following 4 organisations, and here are the links to
> them:" type thing?

Imagine 4 text-ads, maybe rotating around the various subsites, or a
couple on a page at a given time, allocated to 4 sponsors. These
sponsors can run a variety of text-ads (a publishing company promoting 1
book some week, and another book the next) in their 'spots'. Any
text-ads would have to be reviewed by our team before going live.

That's just how I've considered it in the past. I'd rather have support
from larger companies in this form so that people are seeing 4 strong
names rather than random companies promoting products.

I think that someone will be more receptive to, say, a book announcement
from Apress, than they would be to a company they've never heard of
offering an unreviewed product. Do you know what I mean?

Thinkgeek could be another potential, especially to run promos on
evolters.org. Just a thought.

isaac