list re-engineering? (was RE: [theforum] We've got a serious problem here at evolt.org)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri May 14 09:33:28 CDT 2004

Garrett Coakley wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Yay! Joels coming back!

hey joel :)

> * content (content + marketing):
> * code (sysadmin + desdev)
> * admin (theforum + steering + finance)
>   - steering ceases to exist, however representatives are chosen to call
>   / administrate votes IF votes are needed quickly

can I respectfully suggest (and no comments about stupid naming conventions,
I like em!) ...

thecontent, thecode, theadmin

.. so as to kill off the old list names to avoid future confusion?  IIRC
there's an admin@ address which would clash.  Also it can be made clear that
theadmin doesn't mean "The Administrators" but "The Administration of
evolt.org" :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him