[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Paul Waring paul at rixort.com
Thu May 20 10:35:36 CDT 2004

Dean Mah wrote:
> As soon as we get a decision one way or another.

So Christmas 2010 then at the rate things are going.

> 1) steering is a closed list to representatives voted in my the
>    working groups.

*cough* elitism *cough*

> 2) sysadmin and finance must approve each member that is added to
>    their list so requests for membership should go to those lists.  I
>    would suspect, however, that they would be hesitate in adding new
>    members with the proposed new structure upcoming.  As well, it is
>    usual that only actively participating members of theforum and that
>    fulfill a particular skillset are accepted.  The purpose of the
>    working groups is to pluck members with the most time and energy to
>    get things done.

I see, so because I don't have a degree in accountancy I'm not welcome?
One person tells me they'd love to have me on thefinance if I'm
interested, another rejects my subscription when I apply. Who am I
supposed to listen to?

As an aside topic, how come emails from theforum are taking several
hours to reach me? It's taking on average over two hours from a post
being sent to me receiving it. I doubt it's a problem on my end because
all the others lists I am subscribed to deliver mail almost instantaneously.

Paul