[theforum] Lists Hosting

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Fri May 21 07:54:33 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:03:42AM +0100, Martin Burns wrote:

> But we might want to spend a couple of moments thinking whether we're
> ever going to implement the leo/weo login and content integration that
> people have been mentioning on and off for about 3 years now.
>
> John spooled this t'other day
> http://spool.evolt.org.uk/?day=./2004/05/14/2004-05
> - -14.xml#1084545965.007366
> Alternatively theres:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/MailBoxer
>
> If we did do something like that, there may be cause to have leo and
> weo on the same box, and therefore require a bigger one. This means
> either getting a bigger one now (=more cash spent now, before it's
> needed) or migrating again later (=more sysadmin hassle).

Does this mean migrating w.e.o to a Linux platform?  Or does this mean
putting l.e.o, d.e.o, and b.e.o on a Windows platform?  Can we create
a Web service to pass information back and forth between w.e.o and
l.e.o?  That's what I am thinking about using for the harvester to
expose the search interface to w.e.o.

Dean