[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri May 21 11:00:20 CDT 2004

> Hence why I'm not subscribed to thelist

Can you say 'community'?

Crimenently, if you're not out there mixing with the people, you ain't
part of the community. Filter and sort the messages to reduce the
overwhelmtion factor (I own that word and I don't wanna catch you folks
using it elsewhere!) but you'll never know what evolt.org is about if
you're not there in thelist day in and day out. *That's* the community.

Tired of seeing the same questions and answers week after week? Write a
flipping article that covers 'em, and then post a link as the answer
every time some newbie asks *again* how you center with CSS or why their
table displays in Explorer but not Navigator.

Immerse yourself in the community, and I suspect you'll come up with
ways to help without needing direction from anyone else.

joel