[theforum] Lists Hosting

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri May 21 11:05:34 CDT 2004

paul at rixort.com wrote:
> [snip]
>
> In my experience, it's far far easier to get a decent MTA and mailman
> running on *nix rather than Windows. Could we not move weo to Linux
> instead - what does it really need other than Apache? I thought it was
> mostly static HTML files.

There's a saucy CMS running on top of Cold Fusion and MS SQL - an older
version of the code should still be at http://thecode.sf.net/  Leveraging
this onto Linux is definitely more preferable as opposed to leveraging
everything else onto Windows if we decide to unify our hosting platforms -
I'm sure most if not all sysadminians will agree with me on that one.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him