[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Sat May 22 19:14:32 CDT 2004

.:| From: Paul Waring
.:|
.:| Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
.:| > You see, that's the thing, if we do that, we're saying
.:| goodbye to Jeff.
.:|
.:| So basically it's all about jeff? Surely if he can't spare
.:| time to work
.:| on the code (which is fair enough, we all have lives
.:| outside evolt) then
.:| someone else should be able to move it forward, whether
.:| this means using
.:| ColdFusion or re-writing it in assembly language (ok,
.:| extreme example
.:| but you see what I mean). I wouldn't say he's being left
.:| behind, he just
.:| won't be spending as much time working on stuff, which is a
.:| good thing
.:| if he's busy.

Of course it's not all about Jeff in that sense. But it's about respecting
his work and his contribution ... I think it takes a good argument and a
good consensus to make the decision to scrap what we have. I however think
that that argument could be made and that consensus could be reached but
it's not going to be with ease of  mind.

Peace out
Elfur