[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun May 23 17:00:00 CDT 2004

Paul Waring wrote:
> [snip]
>
> But you'll be pleased to know that your latest email (in addition to
> martin's) has well and truely put me off getting involved with evolt for
> good. I think I'll lurk instead for a while and chuckle when I see how
> little anything has been acted on over the next few months.

That attitude, were it viral, would ensure things don't get done.  I think
you need a thicker skin, as these are just emails, and evolt.org has
survived stronger discussions than this.  If you want to contribute, do so,
but do so in a constructive and learned manner, don't just dive in and
assume a lot of stuff.

There is an admittedly huge corpus of knowledge in theforum's archive which
needs to be grokked in order to not have to assume stuff, but a cursory
glance over the most recent stuff should have sufficed, and would have
probably led to a lot less stick than you've endured the last few days for
some misplaced comments.

Stick around - I for one want this new box to go live sooner rather than
later so that I can hack on a new backend for beo and get our own nameserver
up and running (amongst other stuff).

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him