weo hosting situation (was Re: payin .jeff (was: Re: [theforum] RFV: ServerMatrix Hosting for l.e.o))

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Mon Jun 7 15:15:31 CDT 2004

David Kaufman <david at gigawatt.com> wrote:

> Jeff Howden <jeff at jeffhowden.com> wrote:
>> [...] I've submitted several invoices for hosting
>> [...] I can no longer afford to foot the entire $100/month
>> that WEO costs and could use some assistance with that expense.
>> I've mentioned this need for assistance with the expense of weo for
>> the past 6+ months and haven't received an acknowledgement that the
>> invoices are being received, let alone even being read.
>
> [...] if you're unable or even just unwilling to continue
> to donate hosting services for w.e.o, then IMO moving w.e.o. hosting
> costs off of your back immediately becomes our first order of
> business.
>
> [...] how bad is the financial situation?  is w.e.o. in danger of
> going away at, like any time soon?

Jeff,

i replied to your post on theForum, and cc'ed to your personal email, but
have not received a response back from you, and am becoming a bit alarmed.

could you please respond (even just a quick one-liner) to the question of
whether w.e.o is in any immediate danger of losing it's current hosting
situation?

we are trying to resolve the financial issue but, since Marlene has resigned
as treasurer, neither I nor Elfur even have copies of the invoices you
mention.  we're not unwilling to reimburse you, or pay for future hosting.
but we are struggling with choosing a course of action in a complete
information vacuum WRT to this situation.

another solution we're considering is to secure a windows box at
servermatrix (as you alluded to in your post) instead of, or in addition to,
the l.e.o. box previously being discussed, to *move* w.e.o there ASAP,
relieve you of your current financial burden, and solidify evolt's
stability.

so can you also please let us know what the CPU, memory and storage specs of
the current w.e.o. box are, so that we can determine how much it would cost
to rent a similar server from http://servermatrix.com ?

thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer,

-dave