[theforum] RFV: ServerMatrix Hosting for l.e.o

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jun 7 21:01:22 CDT 2004

Jeff Howden wrote:
> [snip]
>
> +1 for moving hosting and going with the cheap box.  If the past is any
> indicator, we'll be there more than a year before anything is done with weo.
> It doesn't make any sense to waste money on a machine that's more than we
> need.

Nonsense - chunky box now, not later - I would personally rather evolt spent
money for overpowered hosting which we don't have to move from than get
something underpowered for what we want to do later and then have to move
*again*.

It's common sense - you overspec for what you need as part of capacity
planning.  *Never* underspec.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him