[theforum] Results (was Re: RFV: ServerMatrix Hosting for l.e.o)

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 9 10:54:13 CDT 2004

I'm not sure if this vote is on or off at this point.  Without further
details from .jeff, I don't know what our other financial obligations
are or whether we need to hold a re-vote.  It sounds like we need a
vote for a re-vote. ;)

Anyway, I'd suggest going with the $49/month box now and giving .jeff
$49/month for w.e.o hosting.  Then find a CMS that will meet our
needs, grab another $49/month box and install it there.  (There was
some talk on sysadmin about dual hosting everything.)  This lets us
spend $100/month (forgive the math), get two boxes, and gives us a
plan for the future.

Now that I've co-opted this thread before it's even started, here are
the vote results.

Current subscriptions to theforum: 118
Total votes: 15

1) Moving l.e.o, d.e.o, and b.e.o to ServerMatrix immediately.
For: 15
Against: 0

Jeff Howden
David Kaufman
Elfur Logadottir
Lachlan Cannon
Martin Burns
Mike King
Garrett Coakley
Drew Shiel
William Anderson
Tara Cleveland
Joel Canfield
Alan Lloyd
Stef
Madhu Menon
Dean Mah

2a) Going with the $49/month box.
For: 5

David Kaufman (assuming vote didn't change after option 2b introduced)
Jeff Howden
Drew Shiel
Madhu Menon
Dean Mah

2b) Going with the highest spec. box for $99/month.
For: 9

Elfur Logadottir
Lachlan Cannon
Martin Burns