[theforum] Results (was Re: RFV: ServerMatrix Hosting for l.e.o)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Jun 9 11:19:32 CDT 2004

Dean Mah wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Anyway, I'd suggest going with the $49/month box now and giving .jeff
> $49/month for w.e.o hosting.  Then find a CMS that will meet our
> needs, grab another $49/month box and install it there.  (There was
> some talk on sysadmin about dual hosting everything.)  This lets us
> spend $100/month (forgive the math), get two boxes, and gives us a
> plan for the future.

Sorry, to me this sounds pointless - why not get the $99/mo box now and
contribute $49/mo to .jeff for a few months until we get ourselves in order?
  This slightly reduced buffer time of cash available will help motivate us
to ensure we have some form of donation and/or other revenue in place to pay
for years 2, 3, 4, etc.

I really think buying cheap now is a bad move, as the votes have shown.
Anyone could have retracted or altered their vote after Jeff's comments,
no-one did.  Let's do the $99/mo thang, and sort Jeff out with some
contributory costs too.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him