[theforum] Results (was Re: RFV: ServerMatrix Hosting for l.e.o)

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Wed Jun 9 11:30:13 CDT 2004

.:| From: Dean Mah
.:|
.:| I'm not sure if this vote is on or off at this point.
.:| Without further
.:| details from .jeff, I don't know what our other financial
.:| obligations
.:| are or whether we need to hold a re-vote.  It sounds like we need a
.:| vote for a re-vote. ;)

Or, as soon as we get the forwarded emails from jeff re. the invoices,
finance will bring a proposal to theforum to reimburse him regardless.

.:| Anyway, I'd suggest going with the $49/month box now and
.:| giving .jeff
.:| $49/month for w.e.o hosting.  Then find a CMS that will meet our
.:| needs, grab another $49/month box and install it there.  (There was
.:| some talk on sysadmin about dual hosting everything.)  This lets us
.:| spend $100/month (forgive the math), get two boxes, and gives us a
.:| plan for the future.

Hmm. But the results shown below don't seem to agree with you, although, i
know, jeff brought up the reimbursement issue in midst of the vote.

.:|
.:| here are the vote results.
.:|
.:|
.:| Current subscriptions to theforum: 118
.:| Total votes: 15
.:|
.:| 1) Moving l.e.o, d.e.o, and b.e.o to ServerMatrix immediately.
.:| For: 15
.:| Against: 0
.:|
.:| 2a) Going with the $49/month box.
.:| For: 5
.:|
.:| Dean Mah

But in the other email that just came through, you did a +1 to 2b ;)

.:| 2b) Going with the highest spec. box for $99/month.
.:| For: 9

So this seems to be the way things are going to be organized. We're getting
the biggest box possible for $99/month.

I however reccomend that we hurry the CMS decision and start working on that
part immediately, trying to reach a "weo on this box by september 1st"
deadline or something similar.

Thoughts?

elfur