[theforum] google AdSense makes dollars (as well as sense)

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Fri Jun 11 20:10:22 CDT 2004

david wrote:

> > Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> >> Evolt.org is not and if i have anything to say, will never be
> >> exploiting the core competence, the website and the lists it's all
> >> about.
> >
> > We're not considering exploiting it per se, more making it sustain
> > itself financially.
>
> "we're" not considering it at *all*.  the point of my posting this news
> about the ads on b.e.o. was to point out that we have a very GOOD chance
of
> supporting ourselves on those ads alone.  and the reason i asked that the
> newcomers *not* suggest what you've suggested (and are now making a point
of
> arguing about) was because i know some folks here are relatively new to
> evolt, and don't yet "get it" that the only reason we *have* $2000 to
spend
> is because our members value the community, and the information, and
donate
> to us for the sole purpose of supporting evolt as a free, high-quality
> informational resource, and they value the fact that it is all volunteer,
> that is is not commercialized and (now only mostly) free of advertising.

this is completely out of line, david.

EVERYONE has a right to voice their thoughts and opinions here, THAT is what
evolt is about. time of membership is not an issue, nor is contribution
level.

i'm ignoring the remainder of your post, and accepting it as
well-intentioned ignorance.

nagrom
http://evolt.org/user/nagrom/21068/index.html