[theforum] Fwd: Re: [the****] Please trim, please don't top post.

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 08:19:53 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, July 27, 2004  @578, Joel D Canfield wrote:

>I think they should continue to be 'guidelines' and not become 'rules' -

Oh definitely, as much as I admire the way Steve Champeon runs Web-L for
example, I don't think it's a model that would work with our audience, or
sit well with what evolt.org is supposed to be.

Far better for the guidelines to be enforced through peer pressure and a
feeling of 'doing the right thing' rather than because of a big stick.

>clearly explained guidelines will be effective with intelligent folks
>who care, and as for the other folks, no amount of rules will help

+1

G.