[theforum] Please trim, please don't top post.

s t e f evolt at nota-bene.org
Mon Aug 2 09:18:03 CDT 2004

<quote who="William Anderson">
> Garrett Coakley wrote:
>> On Monday, August 2, 2004  @514, William Anderson wrote:
>>
>>>looks like the goodness - text version for emailing to thelist at
>>> regular
>>>intervals is here:
>>>
>>>- http://neuro.me.uk/projects/evolt.org/thelist-guidelines.txt
>>
>> Any chance we can have the full urls to the netiquette pages instead of
>> the tinyurl ones?
>
> tis the same URLs you had in yours, the difference being that they won't
> all
> fit without the possibility of wrapping.  Any objs to using tinyurls?

Yeah, I'm not sure they're permanent.

We've implemented our own tiny urls system on the intranet, but we fear DB
overload, so we put a time limit on them (something like six months).

Why not use the real URLs, or post the whole "guidelines" paper on leo
with full URLs?
Either let's put a warning ("watch that wrap") or let's put a message that
all URLs are referred to online, in the article.

--
s t e f
personal: http://nota-bene.org/