[theforum] Grooving On With Stuff

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Aug 16 06:59:02 CDT 2004

David A. Ulevitch wrote:
> [snip]
>
> You could always run a private primary nameserver and just have me serve
> as secondary.  That way you make changes, I just show them to the world.
>
> Also, there is an evolt account for everydns, but nobody ever logs into it
> since I usually just make the changes.  I have the username/password if
> someone wants it.
>
> But either way...evolt can do it's own DNS...I take no offense, that's why
> I run everydns.net, so I can do my own DNS. :)

crap, i hope i didn't offend with the tone!  Having everydns do our DNS is
great, I just thought it would make more sense to have tempest as primary,
with everydns as secondary - also I can provide gradwell.net as a tertiary
for some really paranoid redundancy.

can we make that change then?  tempest is running bind, so can be poked to
double check records - i used david's dns db dump as a starting point.

i.e. host -t any <hostname>.evolt.org tempest.evolt.org

If i can get the IP address(es) of everydns machines that poke others for
secondary zone transfers, I can add it/them to the bind config, and everydns
can start serving secondary based on what's on tempest.

Let's roll, people :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him