[theforum] weo 2b: to OSS or not?

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Nov 9 09:41:17 CST 2004

Elfur Logadóttir <elfur at elfur.is> wrote:
> .:| I'm going to sit down for a few hours today and look at
> .:| what evolt.org does currently and see if Drupal does it
> .:| and in what way it does it differently.
> .:|
> .:| It's not going to be a perfect spec, that i promise, but
> .:| rather a listing of (hopefully) all the aspects of
> .:| evolt.org.
>
> Right. Running out of time, for now - here's what I have.
> This is a 'save as' from Word, so no dissing my html skills ;)
>
> http://evolt.elfur.org/
>
> What I've done already is type up the main aspects of the website's
> functions.
>
> I am yet to do the Drupal part of my promise, but I'll get there.
> If there's anything i'm forgetting, please let me know.

Nice start, Elfur!

Why not enlist the half a dozen or so other Drupal users whove posted
here to volunteer to help research the Drupal side!

I'll be happy to assist with documenting what WEO does, and coordiante
with Jeff to get a data dump, write a repeatable migration script, and
get it running on MySQL.

-dave