[theforum] weo 2b: And now for something completely different?

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Mon Nov 8 11:42:15 CST 2004

On 7-Nov-04, at 5:40 PM, Martin Burns wrote:
> We need to have a clear view on whether

I'm not sure clear is possible at this stage... it kind of depends on
other factors. I'll do my best though to give you my clear opinion ;-)

> a) We produce a site that is fundamentally the same as the existing
> one: articles submitted to a workflow process and reviewed to receive
> the official evolt.org stamp of approval (or not) and published with
> almost an authorial voice of the organisation or
>
> b) We produce a site that is *different* - that takes a different
> publishing model for the community.

I'd say that we *try* to make the site essentially the same as it was
before after migration and after using a new CMS. Of course, this is
all assuming that it's not impossible or very painful to recreate the
functionality of the existing site on the new site.

I'd agree with David K. that if we start talking about a new model or
new functionality or something drastically different, it'll be at
*least* another 6 months before the move happens. I think we should
hold off on any major changes  in functionality until after a move.

Once the move is done, *then* we can start adding stuff, changing
stuff, migrating to a whole new wiki model/drupal thingy/whatever we
want. There should be a priority on moving otherwise that's never going
to happen at least not in my lifetime ;-)

--
Tara Cleveland
Web Design