[theforum] URL Schemas & missing data

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 18:21:12 CST 2004

Garrett Coakley wrote:
> in the interest of expediency I would be happy
> with us to go for HTML4.01 now, and then look at stepping up to XHTML "at
> some point" in the future once everything is settled.
I must point out here that drupal does xhtml 1.0 transitional as it's
default, most current themes and modules output xhtml not html, ditto
for the admin sections. For the sake of expediency we'd need to go for
xhtml.

I wonder if some of the drupal modules might help with the legacy
content though - there is an htmltidy module for instance - but normally
those work on new content as it's added or re-edited. Another tricky
thing might be those articles with html code in them...

Just to throw in another idea...How hard would it be to extract the old
articles as static html content which could be linked too within drupal,
and would that be a bad thing?

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>