[theforum] URL Schemas & missing data

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 17:41:07 CST 2004

On Saturday, December 4, 2004  @722, aardvark wrote:

>some suggestions (yes, they're all mine, it was faster):

[snip]

Okay, things were a little more hectic here today than I thought, but
this is what I have so far:

http://spiked.co.uk/evolt_article_test/

'original' are the straight page scrapes from weo

'html401' have had the evolt framing and comments removed and a valid
HTML4.01 Trans doctype inserted

'xhtml1' are the 'html401' pages after having been run through the
HTMLTidy 'convert to XHTML' process in BBEdit.

From a cursory glance these look pretty good, but I'd like more eyeballs
to run through them and see if there's anything subtle in there that I've
missed.

G.