[theforum] 2 weeks to go... Template signoff Tuesday

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Sun Jan 16 22:21:55 CST 2005

Martin Burns wrote:

> So, now we have 2 weeks to go. So, let's really roll up our sleeves
> and get into it.
>
> 1) Templates
>    Garrett did unstyled HTML templates last week, and they're at
> http://spiked.co.uk/evolt_page_types/

Sweet, thanks Garrett!

>    A week is plenty of time for us to look at them, and we need to get
> these complete with
>    CSS and wired into Drupal by the end of the week. Therefore, anyone
> who has any issues with any
>    of the templates has until noon GMT on Tuesday to speak up **with
> fixes**. Any fixes GC accepts by then
>    will be incorporated and that will be the launch HTML, subject to
> testing of course.

I'm not sure if this a fix, if it's not let's just keep this in mind for
later.

I notice that the templates have two search boxes for articles and
comments (as the current site does). Last I knew, the only reason for
having this was some database restriction.

It would be amazing if we could merge the searchboxes into one as part
of the migration (were this a quick thing to deal with). It's a bad
solution in terms of usability, and has even been signaled out books as
an example of how not to implement search interfaces.