[theforum] css layout and html source order decisions

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 02:39:53 CST 2005

On Wed, January 26, 2005 10:16 pm, Tara Cleveland said:
> David wrote
>> the .png comp and previous styled html example have three columns but
>> a decision of two columns has been mentioned. Has there been any
>> decision on that?
>
> /me searches the archives...
>
> Nope no decision for a two-column layout was made. Martin asked for a
> mockup of a two-column layout. So, unless a vote is called to change it
> (and probably to overshoot our deadline), I think we've gotta stick to
> the three columns.

Yeah, fair enough - I was working on the basis of 'everyone who commented
said 2 cols,' but you're prolly right.

In the HTML (rather than the PoC), I can't see what would go in the LH
column, nor how it would be HTML coded. However, can we code it such that
we can fairly easily (ie CSS change-ishly) swap to 2 col? That way we can
explicitly make the choice later without "Yes, but it's too much work to
do" constraints.

cheers

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.8% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     |
http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam

Wooden toys for toddlers:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95