[theforum] weo signoff

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Thu Mar 3 11:20:18 CST 2005

Morgan wrote on 03/03/2005 17:04:26:

> martin wrote:
>
> [snips]
> >> - also, is there any reason we're honking a big old php session id on
> >> the
> >> url when cookies are turned off? this is REALLY bad for search spiders

> >> (they're
> >> gonna index those links with the session url too, since spiders don't
eat
> >> cookies)
>
> > This is default Drupal - and a few minutes spent with SEs shows that
they
> > don't have a problem with Drupal sites whatsoever.
>
> do they drop the session id?
> do you have any examples?.... (not trying to be onboxious, just can't
find
> any)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=firefox+buttons&btnG=Search&meta=
2nd & 3rd results are spreadfirefox.com
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Debian+Packages&meta= - 4th result
is debianplanet.org
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=odiham+posse - 3rd result is
polytechnic.co.uk

> >> can we have a vote?
> >
> > That's what we are having.

> so we know what we are voting on/for?

On whether the site meets the requirements, the objective of which is to
move. No finance report needed (although not having the ongoing income to
fund both servers is a further spur).

> and then can we start a formal "shall we relaunch?" vote?

We already did that back last year. We are not revisiting it.

This is a "as no-one has raised any unresolved critical issues in the time
they have had, and as we meet the objectives, let's shift this thing out of
vapourware" formality.