[theforum] Final Data Handover - still not happened

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Fri Mar 11 13:05:05 CST 2005

Jeff wrote on 11/03/2005 18:27:15:

> Martin,
>
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
> > From: Martin Paul Burns
> >
> > Please take the opportunity to showcase the
> > professionalism you're proud of and let us know your
> > availability for transferring the data so that we can
> > plan this work with minimal disruption to yourself
> > evolt's members.
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> I have an extremely busy schedule at work for the next few weeks as well
as
> very limited time, if any, at home to address the issue of zipping the
> existing db and other media assets.  Additionally, as I'll be delivering
> media assets this time, the total filesize of the archive will be
> prohibitive to transfer from the machine via the net.  So, it'll have to
> wait until I can get down to the colo and burn a CD of it (sorry, can no
> longer grant access to anyone that doesn't already have a box in that
room).

Understood.

Now please let us know your availability to do this so that we can plan the
work with minimal disruption to yourself and evolt's members.

> Oh, and keep your personal comments to yourself.

I'm sorry that you view anyone echoing your call for professionalism:
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20050228/005522.html
as a personal comment and feel the need to be defensive over it.