[theforum] Launch deadline

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 04:10:10 CDT 2005

On 23 Mar 2005, at 13:22, William Anderson wrote:

> I suggest April 4th

Well, we're not making it, as we still have no schedule for importing
the data into drupal from the MSSQL dump that jeff sent to William 2
weeks ago.

As I understand it, we need John to take part in that, but he's tied up
for the next 48 hours.

On 29 Mar 2005, at 19:43, elfur at elfur.is wrote:

> I'm leaving you with a question, for you to give answer to each other:
>
> Who's running with the db import?

See above. William has the data. John needs to take part in the
massaging. Other than that, no-one's saying much and are complaining
greatly whenever anyone asks the (I would have thought reasonable)
questions "what's going on, what needs to be done, who's doing it and
when?".

> Who's running with the css layout finish?

All the showstoppers are done. Any further fixes we can make before the
teo template is copied over for weo will also be done. Anything else
will wait until the next release post-launch.

> Who's running with whatever else needs to be done (oh, and who's got
> the
> overview look of what else needs to be done?)?

Well apparently no-one's allowed to do this:
[01:54] tara: we need to have people assigned tasks with deadlines so
everyone knows what they have to do and when
[01:54] tara: and instead of deciding unilaterally what's got to be
done and when
[01:54] tara: we need to have the people doing the tasks deciding how
and when they get done

but that hasn't really been working of late, at least for the data
migration.

Anyway, the move can happen when:
1) The weo data is imported to drupal
2) All the teo settings and skin files are copied over
3) The DNS is switched

Until that happens, weo remains on the CF platform, but locked for
updates.

- --
Now playing on iTunes: "Sweet Transvestite" by Various Artists from
'The Rocky Horror Show' - a hit from way back in 1996