[theforum] Since when is thelist archived elsewhere?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Jul 3 10:59:51 CDT 2005

Morgan Kelsey wrote:
> [snip]
>
> While I don't think what that site is doing is *good*, there really isn't
> anything we can do about it. Sending an email falls under the same category
> as sending a letter. When you send someone a letter, you give them the
> copyright to that letter. If anyone owns the copyright to thelist it is
> evolt.org as a whole. I don't think we can afford any frivolous lawsuits.

Balls.  If I send someone a written work by myself, I retain the copyright
therein; it's something inherent to our copyright legislation.  I don't lose
the copyright to something I've written simply because I send it to someone.
 If that were the case, then a lot of authors would never send their
manuscripts on spec to publishers :)

Also, emails aren't letters :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | "There's something about records which is
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |  really satisfying."