[theforum] Testing

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 12:17:23 CDT 2005

On 27 Jul 2005, at 14:13, M Kelsey wrote:

> Martin,
>

>>>  Error Type
>>>  TypeError
>>>  Error Value
>>>  unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'
>>>  Request made at
>>>  2005/07/27 02:35:40.374 GMT+1
>>>

>> Not from here it ain't, and nothing in the Zope error log.
>> Care to offlist me a URL and I'll take another look.
>>

> It ain't not, in IE.

Well as
a) you've taken your ball home, and won't supply any diagnostic-
useful info as requested
b) It's working absolutely fine here (ie6/xp - happy to do a screenie
if needed)
c) You're describing a server-side error which would be in the Zope
logs (yet isn't), and wouldn't
    be browser specific anyway
you'll forgive me if I don't leap up and fix what appears to me to be
a non-problem.

> but now I'm too frustrated and bust to log anything, and
> no one seems to care about functionality (at least you
> obviously don't) so -- WHATEVER.

No, you're projecting all kinds of misconceptions onto me (thanks for
that). I'm merely echoing:
1) our collective decision that we don't actually care about a samizdat
2) our collective frustration that we've not actually moved yet
and am therefore prioritising (2) above every last detail of (1).

>>> and the "development site link" is pointed at
>>> http://test.evolt.org
>>> shouldn't that be http://evolt.userfrenzy.com ?
>>>

>> Arguably - both are now listed.
>
> Whose arguing?

Funny, but for someone throwing out 'antisocial' and 'hostile'
accusations, you're not showing a *lot* of social skills when someone
complies with your request.

>>> anyway, i thought this list was for discussion on site development,
>>>
>> Nope. Check the list charter again..
>
> Are you sure you're looking at evolt.org and not some other site?
>
> "theforum - Help create the future of evolt.org on "theforum"
> mailing list.
> Dedicated to making evolt.org a better place, discussions on this list
> include how to make thelist more useful to all members,
> improvements for the
> web site, how evolt.org should be structured, etc.

Not sure that that's congruent with "discussion on site development",
and even less sure that it supports every byte being debated for a
week via a discussion list. You were trying to force it into that,
and that kind of straightjacket is clearly inappropriate.

> I'm not going to waste my time replying to the rest of your email.

If it means we spend more time working than responding meta-
questions, fine.

Those of us actually doing work here have resolved over a dozen
issues today. You?