[theforum] Vote: Launching the site already

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Fri Aug 12 04:19:49 CDT 2005

Madhu wrote on 11/08/2005 20:11:36:

> Martin Burns wrote:
>
> >We now only have 2 outstanding showstoppers:
> >

> I remember asking if our URLs were going to stay like this:
> http://evolt.userfrenzy.com/node/60390
>
> Because I'm not very fond of them.
>
> I remember John saying long ago that they could be made to resemble our
> current URL naming system.

Yes, that's what I meant by:
>> 1) Historical URL redirection:
>> http://islands.easyweb.co.uk:8080/evolt_bugs/bugs/102/pcng_issue_view

Matt suggested a fix, which we attempted, but haven't yet got working. It's
assigned to the sysadmin team to work out.

Being fond of the schema or not isn't the issue - it's ensuring that
incoming links to historical schemas still work.

The key thing with the vote here is that assuming it's passed, we will
still require that work to be done for the move to happen.