[theforum] Design Competition

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 02:54:11 CST 2006

Hi folks

Some time ago, we had the bright idea of running a design competition for weo.

Now that we've been running the current design for just about 6 months (this coming Tuesday), the good people of desdev have had a think about what we'd want out of a competition (other than "nicer looking site" :-) ) and came up with:
http://wiki.evolt.org/wiki/2006_WEO_Design_Contest

The way I expect the judging to go is that desdev will produce a shortlist, canvas comments from the wider community and present the list with summarised comments (and maybe a recommendation) to theforum for a final vote.

If we're OK with the general direction of that, then I'd like us to announce it at the start of March, with an end April closing date.

Incidentally, weo is on the 1st page of Drupal's "Screenshots from selected unique Drupal websites" showcase...
http://drupal.org/image/tid/41
right next to The Onion

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam