[theforum] evolt.org redesign competition: <1 week to go!

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 05:03:13 CDT 2006

Hi all

Just a quick reminder that the evolt.org resign competition closes at the
end of the week and we'll be starting to look at the entries next Monday.

Richard's excellent post below summarises it all nicely, but if you want
the chapter and verse, see
http://evolt.org/2006-weo-design-contest
with one extra reminder: that evolt.org gathers enough net.fame to feature
in two well distributed design books (one of which is the ORA Polar Bear
book) and the drupal site showcase.

I've heard whispers of 2 designs that were at the flat image mockup stage
a week ago, and one that's a working (although still in progress) drupal
theme.

I know we've got visual designers who can produce amazing, distinctive and
lickable designs, IAs who can build structures Frank Lloyd Wright would envy,
and coders who can integrate the best of front-end and back-end interactivity
to make Zeldman (Hi Jeffrey!) throw his mouse away in pique.

We're all phenomenally talented people - show us what we can do! Now if
you'll excuse me, I've a comments template to evoltify and add sliding
doors, scriptaculous effects and other AJAX goodness, SIFR... and any
other whizzbang stuff I can shovel in...