[theforum] Vote Request

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Thu Sep 7 14:23:55 CDT 2006

> Since I'm not actually doing any of that work myself I don't have any
> strong feelings on what vehicle should be used.  If the folks doing the
> work are comfortable with IRC, then I'm okay with that.  If they want it
> on a list so there is an archive, I'm okay with that too.

I'd agree except that, because there's no archive of these discussions,
it seems to me there's no way for anyone to follow such discussions
without being logged in to IRC 24/7 (correct me if I'm wrong). As
someone who has never used IRC (and doesn't have the first clue how it
works), this seems a little problematic to me. I would think any serious
discussion of the management of evolt would be in a medium everyone can
access without having to download and learn a new program (i.e. a web
browser), and should be archived for the record. IRC just seems way to
casual for such discussions, IMHO.

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer