[theforum] Vote Request

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 19:42:35 CDT 2006

On 8 Sep 2006, at 01:33, Alan Lloyd [www-ss.com] wrote:

>>  I hope I'm not sadly mistaken in hoping that anyone voting
>> for changes is also accepting ownership for implementing them and
>> making them work...
>>

> I agree 100%. I have not been active very much lately so have *not*
> spoken up.
>
> Now I find I can donate my time. So I have also spoken up *for*
> change.

understood and much appreciated.

> However even people who don't do the work should have a voice
> surely???

True, and I wouldn't expect something *different* to be done than,
but in true OS tradition, if you're not prepared to do, you shouldn't
get entirely upset if nothing is done. Or, to put it another way,
requests for change/effort are so much more effective when
accompanied by a "I'll do *this* bit" pledge as it then feels much
more like we're working together.

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/announcing-purpur-associates