[theforum] Vote Request

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Sep 7 15:07:32 CDT 2006

Ron clarifies some of his random comments:

* Ummmmm, I don't use IRC personally. (I don't believe my office permits
that.)  My *impression* is that a lot of the 'day to day' operational
type decisions/fixes/etc are hammered out via IRC.  I'm also pretty sure
that over the years I have heard people note that they have responded
to, for example, a vote request on theforum with a simple 'yes' or 'no'
... after a lengthy and spirited discussion of the details and
implications on IRC.

* Nope.  I dunno what happened to the redesign competition.  I was
wondering about that myself.  [In, I think, response to a similar
question, Dean submitted this link] back on June 9th:
http://evolt.org/2006-weo-design-contest#comment-63680