[theforum] Vote Request

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Sep 7 18:28:30 CDT 2006

Alan Lloyd [www-ss.com] wrote:
> William Anderson wrote:
>> I don't see the point.  The existence and staleness of a list should not
>> necessitate its removal.  If we all agree to commence proposals,
>> discussions, etc here on theforum, the objective is achieved, and we can
>> move on.  I don't see a need for change in the way we have our lists
>> organised; you're thinking to small, to narrow.
>
> Actually I don't see the point in keeping them. As yet no one has come
> up with a reason that is compelling. Keeping them for the sake of having
> them is not a good enough reason.
>
> Bringing things back to the forum with the exception of things we
> *can't* discuss in public benefits the community as a whole.
>
> Every one then knows what state we are at with everything.

Sane points, but can we see the bigger picture here?

> [snip]
>
>> Let's not vote, let's not argue, let's just do!
>
> Personally I thing you need 1 and 3 in any community. We can do without
> the arguing but discussion is good.

I mean in the immediate situation.  You're worrying about mailing lists when
surely there are bigger fish to fry.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the