[theforum] Vote Request

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 01:04:22 CDT 2006

On 9/9/06, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> Measure twice, cut once, is all I'm saying.  Breakneck pace is called that
> for a reason, I think.

We old dogs need to sit back, because we have done a horrible job of late.

Measuring twice has got us nowhere fast.

Let the new enthusiasm push things forward, and stop trying to
institute process which will only hinder.

Listen: let's think about this logically. All evolt has right now is
thelist, realistically. Nothing decided here is going to affect
thelist, right? We really have nothing to lose.

So let's stop the "hold on, hold on" talk and just go with it. Let's
stop talking about voting and special interest groups and god knows
what else, and let's just DO SOMETHING.

If people are going to keep replying to this thread, I think we should
require a <tip> like obligation, where you must end the email with
what you will be *doing* to help evolt.

<doing>
I, for example, just tonight have secured reproduction rights for an
article I published on DevX last summer. I will be updating that and
submitting it to evolt in the next week and a half.
</doing>

Who's next?

--
Matt Warden