[theforum] evolt services [was whither deo..?]

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 06:28:01 CDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 00:35:56 +0100, Garrett Coakley <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2006, at 16:11, Jeremy Ashcraft wrote:
>
>> my only concern is that doing so and announcing it on thelist is
>> that it
>> will become another outlet for questions and the like that happen
>> on the
>> list.  maybe this will necessitate splitting into two channels?
>> #thelist and #thechat anyone?
>

> Now there's an idea. Thinking about precedents here, the drupal model
> is a good one, where they have #drupal-support and #drupal-dev

Sure, but let's not jump into that without seeing what the traffic
is like. If it's not unmanageable (and I think we could take quite a
bit more than we currently have without it being stressful), then
let's not split it.

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam