[theforum] Project Update?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 10:18:55 CST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:00:03 -0700, Dean Mah wrote:
> Just curious how's:
>
> - the upgrade to the newer version of Drupal going?

upgrade with security patches alone would be A Good Thing, and requires minimal testing (upgrade to 4.7 is a bit more work and will prolly need module & theme work).

Summary though: none of the interested parties have yet had time.

> - the upgrade/lockdown of the wiki going?

Wiki upgrade may not be able to go too far as the most up to date versions of MediaWiki rely on PHP5 which isn't the easiest of things to get onto Debian Stable (sysadmins: beat me up now for talking cobblers).

Lockdown to registered users is pretty easy - 1 text file config option. I *can* do it (have done it before), but would rather it were done by a *real* sysadmin.

> - the transmorgification of d.e.o going?

Locked to new updates.

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam