[theforum] MOD: Hold Messages By Default

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 10 14:13:36 CST 2006

Paul Waring wrote:

> I run a couple of Mailman lists myself and I can tell you from bitter
> experience that holding messages and emailing the admin is a right
> pain in the backside. I get a dozen emails a day from both lists about
> posts held for approval and it's a real nuisance,

Check your list options to make sure that you are
not receiving notifications for each held message
but rather just one summary notification at the
end of the day.  It's under the 'General Options'.

We used to run the lists this way, causing me to
burn out, but I think it is the lesser of the two
evils.

Dean