[theforum] Show of hands - final results

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Sat Nov 10 08:58:36 CST 2007

Dear all,

As promised, I intended to tally results and publish them weekly for at
least two weeks.
As nothing happened this week and no extra responses were given - I declare
this to be final tally of the "show of hands" request.

The most astonishing news are the fact that of 107 people subscribed, only
22 responded. One of the responses was "sadly I'm gone, going to unsub" so
I'm guessing that 106 people are now subscribed to the list. With 21 active
enough to respond, that means 85 non-responsive.

Hopefully some of the 85 people will participate when it comes to that, but
I fear more that they are silent listeners. I absolutely am not encouraging
them to unsubscribe, but rather hoping to break their silence :)

Anyways. With the following results available I suggest that we hand over
the control of evolt.org to the enthusiast group and those of us in cats C
and D step back and enjoy the show :)

With that I'm off. I will still give my opinion, will always be able to
answer questions or give directions with regard to evolt's past, will still
be in the surveillance role within finance, and will still support the
decisions the enthusiasts make, but I don't think it would be fair for me
(or other temporarily or permanently in cats C and D) to interfere with
those decisions.

Good luck and hopefully you'll be able maintain (or perhaps rebuild is a
better word) what has been a great community at times.

But be prepared that if nothing has happened or changed in 6-8 months time,
I'm likely to reiterate the "shut down" suggestion I made a few weeks back.

/elfur

The tally is the same as in my post from november 1st

.:| From: Elfur Logadóttir
.:|
.:| A) I'm enthusiastic about maintaining the whole evolt.org shebang
.:|
.:| David Kaufman
.:| Dave Davis (no, not Davies :)
.:| Martin Burns (with C time restrains)
.:| Dean Mah
.:| Jeremy Weiss (borderline A/B)
.:| William Anderson (borderline A/B with C time restrains at times)
.:|
.:|
.:| B) I'm enthusiastic, but don't know if/when/how I could help
.:|
.:| Joel D 'spinhead' Canfield (the A+ dude becomes B)
.:| Paul Waring (with some A enthusiasm and C time restrains :)
.:| Ron Luther (wants to be B, thinks he might rather be C/D)
.:| Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz (B+C)
.:| Drew Shiel (with dash of C from time to time)
.:| Adrian Simmons
.:| Laura (?Lightning - would love to help, has no idea where)
.:| Drs Marcel Feenstra
.:|
.:|
.:| C) I care for evolt.org but do not have the time to
.:| participate in anything timeconsuming.
.:|
.:| David Ulevitch
.:| Jeremy Ashcraft
.:| Tara Cleveland (potentially in A later)
.:| Mike King
.:| Javier Velasco
.:| Dave Davies (no, not the same as Dave Davis :)
.:|
.:|
.:|
.:| D) I care, but I've left the business and not maintained
.:| my ability to assist with anything web-related
.:|
.:| Elfur Logadóttir
.:|
.:|
.:| E) I care (or don't), but I've left and don't partake in
.:| anything related to evolt.org anymore.
.:| (and so he unsubscribed directly after responding)
.:|
.:| Stéphane Deschamps