[theforum] w.e.o. updating/rethemeing

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Wed Oct 8 13:24:14 CDT 2008

2008/10/8 Erika <ekm at seastorm.com>:
> Question: If CMS admin/s don't currently have time to work on w.e.o.,
> are there others qualified, who do?

I'll just mention, since it's now sorta come up twice in one day:

a)  Apparently my oddly-configured brain as a weird aptitude for directly
    manipulating the DB to port (eg) one module's data into another's
    schema.  I'll handle that when someone comes up with a work list

b)  Drupal's current version is 6.something - if we're changing versions
     it really ought to be to the most recent release

Me, I think that about 209% of the lack of enthusiasm about WEO we've
seen recently is down to how fugly it is.  There may well be people who can
a site work with a fluid design and still have it attractive and legible.  But
as far as I know, none of them is us.

I do like Martin's theme, and much more than our other options today.
That said, if whatever we come up with doesn't look at least as good
as ALA (and it's good, but not *that* good), I don't think it's going to
do the trick we're hoping for.

jh