[theforum] More modules for teo plz

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:09:06 CDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Adrian Simmons <adrinux at perlucida.com> wrote:
> Dean Mah wrote:
>> On 10/13/08, Adrian Simmons <adrinux at perlucida.com> wrote:
>>> There's a bunch of extra modules I'd like to see installed in teo, some
>>>  'essential' development modules, and one I just think is convenient :)
>>
>> Do we need a vote on this?
> These are standard Drupal dev modules, they won't need to be enabled when
> the site is pushed live again.
>
> Jquery update is required for feedback.module whiche were using on drupal-4.6
>
> The admin menu is a drop down menu that gives easier access to all the admin
>  pages and a few handy devel functions, and is only visible to admin users.
>
>> If not, I say go ahead and do it.
> How do you normally do it?
> wget the modules from drupal.org straight into drupal?

There is no normally for me.  I've only ever installed Drupal one
time.  I don't know what the best practice is.  I've downloaded the
module into my home directory and then untar'ed/unzipped and moved it
into Drupal site.  I've kept the archived version of the module with
version number intact to know where we're at.

Oh, and to get things working, I copied the propstar module directly
from the old installation into the modules directory.  Otherwise I
couldn't even launch the main page.

Dean