[theforum] More modules for teo plz

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Tue Oct 14 08:39:49 CDT 2008

Dean Mah wrote:
> There is no normally for me.  I've only ever installed Drupal one
> time.  I don't know what the best practice is.
Well, for me it involves keeping an entire multisite install under version
control, bringing updated packages in from drupal.org in a vendor branch and
merging across to a local branch.

But that's too painful with CVS, from past experience. Which probably meens
we should forget about 'best practice' until we're off sarge :/

> I've downloaded the
> module into my home directory and then untar'ed/unzipped and moved it
> into Drupal site.  I've kept the archived version of the module with
> version number intact to know where we're at.
ok. That works for me.

> Oh, and to get things working, I copied the propstar module directly
> from the old installation into the modules directory.
FWIW in Drupal-5 modules/ is left best left alone, all the contrib modules
we use or any modules we write should go into
sites/all/modules/

but then the other modules are there...are you saying propstar needed to be
directly in modules/ to halt the breakage?

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>