[theforum] Google checkout (I was mistaken)

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Oct 17 22:35:35 CDT 2008

Tara, Jeremy, et al, it looks like I was mistaken... found this on an
email from David Kaufman on thechat:

----------------------------
David Kaufman wrote:
  evolt.org is currently an unincorporated not-for-profit organization
registered in the state of New Jersey (um, 5 years and 2 days ago! ...by
yours truly).  Becoming an official organization turned out to be a
relatively simple matter of obtaining a IRS tax id number (an EIN) by
filing one form.  This one:
http://www.gigawatt.com/dk/evolt/ss4-evolt.pdf

which grants us all of the legal status of a knitting club or little
league baseball team -- or in other words, allows evolt.org to have a
checking account in its own name, accept checks made out to evolt and,
most importantly as it turned out, accept electronic payments from
Google :-)