[theforum] new layout, Drupal question

ekm at seastorm.com ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Oct 23 12:15:33 CDT 2008

I'm working on mockups (I am not sure if anyone else is working on this
but my brain got going on it and didn't stop) for new front-end ideas
(incorporating suggestions already in the mix).

One thing I will heads up on, is it's a 2-column layout. And back to a
cleaner (meaning, less cluttered) design.  I don't think we need three
columns.  EVER. (I'll spare you my why-3-columns-generally-sucks rant)

Also, I just ran across this thread (after the fact)
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041129/005296.html

I want to set up nav with different landing pages for main parts of the
site (browsers, lists, etc) and different (contextual) things happening in
the sidebars depending on which section of the site you are visiting.

QUESTION:
We can set up sidebars so that different sidebar info displays on
different pages, correct?  So some blocks are reused, others are switched
out.

THX

Erika