[theforum] w.e.o question: pages vs. articles

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Tue Oct 28 06:22:08 CDT 2008

Erika wrote:
> Seems to me that having certain
> information that is not necessarily connected to a certain author (and
> mugshot) gives more of a sense of unity/coherence to a site.
Sure.

I suspect that author/date/mugshot on everything is a result of the paucity
of content types in the ye olde Drupal version it was built on and an
element of "well, this sucks a bit but we'll redesign it all soon anyway" at
the time we migrated. iirc there was in effect only one content type in
drupal 4.5/4.6...

Drupal 6 has the capacity for custom content types built in, comes with
'page' and 'story' types as default (neither of which we need to keep). To
me it would make sense to move articles to an article content type at the
very least, restrict story to news items (or add a news content type) and
use page for just the sort of content you're talking about.

Each content type can have it's own theme template file.

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>