[theforum] history draft

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Oct 28 19:05:23 CDT 2008

Erika wrote:
> Jeremy Weiss wrote:
>  > The process section sort of makes us sound like the Borg. Was that
>  >intentional? :)
>  >
>  > -jeremy
>
> *sigh*
>
> It becomes more and more apparent to me that a person cannot consider
> him or herself culturally literate in this day and age without extensive
> knowledge of Star Trek and Star Trek Next Generation.

It's Star Trek: *The* Next Generation ... *runs*

Seriously, how can you not love Star Trek?  ... says a fan since 1979 (I
was only 5!).

> [snip]
> It strikes me, from the wikipedia description, that the Borg function
> sort of like an insect colony.  We should be so lucky (just kidding).

We are the Borg.  Lower your shields and surrender your ships.  We will
add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.  Your
culture will adapt to service us.  Resistance is futile.

-n