[theforum] front page questions

adrinux adrinux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:26:08 CST 2008

2008/11/13 Erika <ekm at seastorm.com>:
> if you were gonna have a w.e.o front page that had small pithy
> descriptions of each area of the site (lists, browsers, about us, donate
> or support) -- how would you word it (all but "about us" -- i have what
> I think is good text for that).
I'd add in articles, if the front page is no longer just a big list of
the most recent articles I think you'd need to add a landing page for
it. Also means you can relegate the 'category list' and 'highest
ranked' blocks to that page (in effect they become filters for the
article list).

> so how would you word the blurbs for: browsers, lists, donate
<snip>
> (tell me what the links would say and where they would
> go, if you were king of evolt.org front page).
articles, lists, browsers, donate

articles
evolt.org regularly publishes web related articles
(list of recent articles?)
<view all articles> <submit an article>

lists
our mailing lists cover web design, development and management plus
the running of evolt.org itself. <view & subscribe>

browsers
for testing or historical interest our archive of web browsers <browse archive>

donate
keep evolt org alive, donate money, donate time, donate bandwidth. <help now>

Hows that for a start? Some of those are better than others :)

--
Adrian Simmons | http://perlucida.com